Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:59:19 +0200
From:      Fernando Herrero =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carr=F3n?= <fhcarron@terra.es>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome no longer recognizes MIME types after upgrade from ports

Hi list,

I just upgraded my ports tree a couple of days ago and did a portupgrade
-a.

Now my Gnome desktop handles all files as being of type text/plain. That
means sorting by type does not really work and when clicking on a file
icon in nautilus the application that opens is gedit. I upgraded both my
laptop and my office desktop computer and the problem shows up in both.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? Any hints would be greatly
appreciated.

Some information on my system:

FreeBSD **** 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #11: Wed May  7 16:01:04 CEST
2008     root@****:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/****  i386

Related packages:

$ pkg_info -x mime
Information for gmime-2.2.18_1:
Information for gmime-sharp-2.2.18_1:
Information for gnome-mime-data-2.18.0_3:
Information for shared-mime-info-0.40:

libgnome-2.22.0_1
gnome-desktop-2.22.3
nautilus-2.22.5.1