Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:54:34 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        Parker Brown <phbrown@charter.net>
Cc:        BSDQuestions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem Installing Mosaic

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:27:43PM -0700, Parker Brown wrote:
> Makefile seems to be compromised in /usr/ports/www/Mosiac.  I get:
>     make: fatal errors encountered "Makefile" line 30
>
> make also complains about lines 33 and 35.  How can I correct it?

Are your ports up to date?

When ever I have had problems installing from the ports it is often
because the dependencies are differnent that the ones the port is looking
for. It may accept the older port while installing but actually err
during the make or the install. I had this happen about 6 or 7 times
when I tried installing galeon, which, since we're on the subject,
I find to be a great browser. I had mosiac install fine, but found
alot of display problems as a browser. It could have been a configuration thing.