Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 1996 14:33:51 -0600
From:      Darren Davis <DARREND@novell.com>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, darrylo@novell.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI adapter & Success/horror stories with HP pentium XU series  - Reply

If it is anything like the new Pentium Pro based HP Vectra XUs, it has
and Adaptec 2940 style adapter.  I have several vintages of HP Vectra XUs
(I love these machines).  I even have some of the older ones with the AMD
chipset running UnixWare.  I was successful in getting FreeBSD 2.2 snap
to work on this Pentium Pro box.  The only driver problems I had is for
the HP based network board (We stuck in an NE2000 for FreeBSD), and the
Matrox video board (We are going to get Xinside).  BTW these HPs are DAMN
fast!

Darren R. Davis
Senior Software Engineer
Novell, Inc.