Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:05:04 -0700
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, mj@feral.com, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD kernel doesn't boot on FUJITSU PRIMERGY RX200 S5 server

Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> There is already a code to detect non-existing AT keyboard and avoid
> attaching atkbd to it. The code is i386-only at the moment, I am trying
> to figure out how to modify it so that it works on amd64 as well.

Looks like this huge delay is caused by the inb() being astonishingly
slow, which is not factored by the timeout routines. Reading keyboard
status port once takes about 0.003s! I am not sure if it's common
behaviour of the platform, or something specific to this particular
model. Do you know by any chance?

-Maxim