Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:33:55 -0400
From:      Nicholas Mills <nlmills@g.clemson.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network card attaching to the wrong driver

All,

I am running 8.0-RELEASE and having trouble with the ed driver that is
compiled by default into GENERIC. My machine is actually a VM running under
Parallels Server Bare Metal 4. I would like my card to be attached to the
Parallels driver in ports (pvmnet) instead of ed. Is there some boot option
I could use? Both device drivers are looking for the same PCI vendor/device
id in their probe routines, and both drivers return the same value from
their probe functions (so they have equal priority).

Thanks,

Nick Mills