Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:21:30 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE <max@FreeBSD.org>
To:        michaelnottebrock@gmx.net
Cc:        mb@imp.ch, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7-amd cannot mount exports from 5.0-RELEASE

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:24:49 +0100,
Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm sorry to have to bother you further, but this patch does not solve the
> problem completely. Amd works partially now, but I still get 'mountd rpc
> failed: RPC: Unable to receive' errors when I try to access
> /host/<hostname>/<otherexportthan /> (nfsd on hostname exports /
> -alldirs,/usr -alldirs,/var -alldirs) and I can only access the / export.

> /host/<ip-address>/usr or /host/<ip-address>/var, where <ip-address> is the
> ip-address of the same machine as <host> above, works as expected.

I'm experiencing a similar situation.

I'm exporting /home and /usr with -alldirs and -maproot=0 on -current
box.  When I try to amd-mount /home from the -stable box, I can do it
without any problem, but as for current:/usr, I need to give the IP
address.

Now, I could amd-mount (of course via NFS) these filesystems from the
-current box, i.e. mounting local partitions via NFS using AMD,
without this problem.

I also tested if the number of filesystems being exported matters, but
it doesn't seem to be.  First, I swapped the order of the entries for
/home and /usr in /etc/exports, and there was no difference.  Then I
commented-out /home entry, but after restarting mountd, I still
couldn't amd-mount /usr from the -stable box.

I'm still trying to figure out what's causing this, but so far, no
luck.

     Cheers,
Max