Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 14:43:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      joe@austx.tandem.com (Joe Senner)
To:        jdunham@fc.net (Jerry Dunham)
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, joe@mpd.tandem.com, dunham@rider.fc.net, mykonos@bga.com
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP bandwidth bragging

]It worked great as a UUCP BBS (if you can really call it a BBS), but you
]have the description wrong.  It was a 10 MHz 286 with 1 MB of RAM and a 20
]MB hard drive running Xenix 286.  It was used for a VERY small number of
]newsgroups plus personal e-mail for a little over half a dozen people and
]a user group mailing list.  (Well, it MAY have actually run 12 MHz, but
]I recall it as 10.  The rest I'm sure of.  I think.  I'll copy Joe Senner,
]who set this thing up originally, so he can call me a liar.)

it was 10Mhz, that being a longer term memory sort of explains how you
got it right. that or dumb luck :)

don't forget that before it ran your stuff it ran a 400 user mailing list
that ran 100-200 messages each day to each of those 400 people :)

--
Joe Senner

          We have enough youth, how about a fountain of "smart".