Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:12:46 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1014095566.75b577@mired.org>
To:        "Eugene M. Kim" <gene@nttmcl.com>
Subject:   Re: ich sound driver question?

Eugene M. Kim <gene@nttmcl.com> types:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:31:05PM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> The separate microphone channel is, IIRC, a design feature incorporated
> in the latest revision of AC'97 codec specification, so I believe there
> could be other chipset that suffers from the same problem.  But a quick
> scan of the -current pcm driver shows that only the ICH driver actually
> utilizes the microphone channel.  If you somehow morphed the ICH driver
> to suit the SiS 7012 chipset then it could possibly be the problem.

That's pretty much what I did. Now that I think about it, the changes
I picked up from -current included checking for a microphone, and
dealing with it if it was there. So yeah, that would explain it.

However, it still seems to sample at 48K, even though I'm telling it
to sample at 44.1K. I may try the patch you pointed me at along with
my changes to -stable, just to see if that works better. I don't
expect it to, though.

	Thanx,
	<mike