Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:17:21 +0100
From:      rene@xs4all.nl
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        niels Bakker <p-parties@LISTS.TRANCE.ORG>, technical@hippiesfromhell.org
Subject:   CCD creation (2)

Hello questions,

  I've come along a bit myself, but am still stuck, at another point
  now.

  The docs
  (http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/formatting-media/x205.html) tell me to

# disklabel -e sd0c
change type to 4.2BSD

  But  when  I  edit  the table presented to me so that type="4.2BSD",
  save  it,  and  then  re-run  the  disklabel utility (with identical
  params), the type is listed as "SCSI" instead.

  Consequently, the next command fails;

messenger:/dev # ccdconfig -v ccd0  32 0 /dev/wd0c /dev/wd1c
ccdconfig: ioctl (CCDIOCSET): /dev/ccd0c: Inappropriate file type or format

  Can someone please gimme a tip on how to solve this?

Greetings,
 rene <mailto:rene@xs4all.nl>