Date:      Tue, 06 Jul 1999 19:10:23 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need a clock for NTP

Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Thanks !
>
> Will check it out. BTW, I read in some articels, that the
> receivers differ for example in the accuracy. Some poll only
> in minute intervalls, since other do it more often.
>
> What regarding that ?
>
> BTW, what do you think about SURE RPC-Modul DCF-77 from:
>         http://www.linum.de/dcf77/funkuhrempfaenger.htm
>
> This device gets the power to work from the serial interface.
> I hate changing batteries ;-) It costs about $45.

The prices are certainly great.  I wish they had an english web page.
Radio clocks in general work pretty well as long as you're not looking
for a way to set clocks after power failures; they take a day or two
to become really accurate.  For plugging into a server and leaving for
long, reliable run-times, they should work great.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com