Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 19:03:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@brann.org>
To:        BSD_LIST@tdoa.capnet.state.tx.us (unix bsd_list)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lockup on boot disk

unix bsd_list wrote...
> RE: 2.1.5-RELEASE
>
> Trying to install to a clone P60 with 32 Meg ram, intel ether express, adaptec 2940, STB
> SVGA, from boot floppy. Have tried to remove or replace just about everything; disabled just
> about everything in CMOS and BSD config.
>
> Result is always the same: locks up right after posting the (real and available) memory on
> the screen. I can install just fine to a GW 2000 with same hardware, but that's not the
> machine I want to use.
>
> Comments/suggestions?
>
> TIA
>
> jp

How old is tha machine?  I know there have been some changes in the way
that PCI probing happens which are in the 2.2 SNAPS.  This enabled me to
boot on machines which locked up at this point with 2.1.5.

Download a 2.2-SNAP boot floppy and see if that helps...

John

--
Well, that's like hypnotizing chickens.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key