Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:24:04 -0700
From:      "Nathan Way" <nathan@datanode.com>
To:        "Jo Rhett" <jrhett@netconsonance.com>, "Ken Smith" <kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Upcoming Releases Schedule...

>=20
> Where can one find the expected EoL for these releases?  I've poked
> around the website and can't find any notes mentioning this, although
> several people have been making posts suggesting that people should
> review the EoL schedule when planning their upgrades.

http://www.freebsd.org/security/security.html#supported-branches

To quote from the above web site:

Branch      Release     Type      Release Date        Estimated EoL
RELENG_6    n/a         n/a       n/a                 January 31, 2010
RELENG_6_3  6.3-RELEASE Extended  January 18, 2008    January 31, 2010
RELENG_7    n/a         n/a       n/a                 last release + 2
years
RELENG_7_0  7.0-RELEASE Normal    February 27, 2008   February 28, 2009