Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 2015 10:44:17 +0200
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        =?windows-1252?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No IOMMU/DMAR with DELL 3020

>> Dmesg would not give you any useful information there. A DMAR table
>> is either present, or is it not. In the later case, OS cannot use the
>> hardware, and if no option in BIOS is present, your only choice is to
>> complain to the machine/BIOS vendor.
> Check also if there's any BIOS update from the manufacturer.
>
> Roger.

    Thank you all.

    The box has already the last vendor's BIOS version.

   I've checked the bios of another DELL machine (a laptop) having vt-d
on the micro, and the BIOS on that machine has an option to enable or
disable VT-d, while the bios of the DEL 3020 misses that option. So as
Konstantin said, the bios is not advertising the VT-d capability bundled
in the chip, so I guess I can't move until the vendor decides to
implement that in its bios firmware.

   Best all and thank you,

   G.

Prou top-posting :    http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
Stop top-posting :    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

O O O Gustau Pérez i Querol
O O O Unitat de Gestió dels departaments
O O O Matemàtica Aplicada IV i Enginyeria Telemàtica

      Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
      Edifici C3 - Despatx S101-B
 UPC  Campus Nord UPC
      C/ Jordi Girona, 1-3