Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 21:15:58 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Subject:   Re: A Desparate Plea for Help...

> How does one then maintain several kernel versions without going mad?
> In Linux (sorry), one has /lib/modules/X.y.z.... and a current symlink that
> actualy gets created at boot time by some clever awking of /proc/version.

In practice, the LKMs don't go out of sync that often, so you
basically just watch the cvs-all mailing list and whenever you see a
kernel or LKM change go by which looks like a resync might be
necessary again soon, you just make a mental note to update both next
time you install a kernel.

> many years ago.  I already pay 10% of my income in contributions.  I
> promise,
> instead to donate 100 hours of community service to the FreeBSD project.
> My activity?  Create noise about threads.  My server engineer tells me they
> are broken.  how is that?

Sold! :-)

						Jordan