Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:54:38 -0700
From:      "Jeff D" <jeffd6635@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newby Question: What to do when one port can't recognize another port?

I've decided to try to build up my 1st FreeBSD server.

Reading the Handbook is mostly helpful, but I' getting hit with a couple of
problems I can't figure out.

I was looking for a beginner's list.  I think this is the closest to it.

The main reason I'm trying out FreeBSD is because I want to set up my own
web server, and the Ports seemed liked a way to do it that manages conflicts
& dependencies better even that Linux systems.  Not being much of a program
guy, that sounds good to me!

When I try to install the Apache port in /usr/ports/www/apache22, it errors
out with

IGNORED
Unknown Berkeley DB version

After checking on the Oracle site, I made sure to install the latest, most
up to date /usr/ports/databases/db46 port.  It seems to have worked and I
can use it in other ports.

I'm not sure where to turn next.

Anybody got some advice to share?

Regards,