Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:27:43 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: partial sendmail breakage

--------------enig7EBB65CABD1FAAB22287D0E5

On 10/08/2012 14:32, Robert Huff wrote:
> 	I have restarted sendmail and get this in /var/log/messages:
>=20
> Aug 10 08:26:56 jerusalem sm-mta[87853]: sql_select option missing
> Aug 10 08:26:56 jerusalem sm-mta[87853]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism=
 available
>=20
> 	I'm (obviously) not a sendmail expert; what other information
> should I provide to help figure out what went wrong?

You've implemented saslauth in this sendmail instance against some sort
of SQL database.  However something has caused sendmail to lose the
ability to look up user accounts in that DB.  Could be all sorts of
things: is the DB running?  Can you login to it manually using the same
credentials as sendmail?  Has there been any changes to DB schemas or
user grants recently?  How about changes to
/usr/local/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf ?

One thing you can try is turning up the log level in Sendmail.conf to
get a better idea of what SASL is trying to do.  Add a line

log_level: N

where N is an integer, bigger meaning more verbose logging.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.