Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:39:55 -0800
From:      John L.Utz III <john@utzweb.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   would a PCCard Sound device have insurmountable problems?

Hi;

I am thinking about purchasing an ESS688 based PCMCIA soundcard for my laptop.

I'm buying it for the midi part ( yes, i know that we dont have working
midi, but i dork around with the driver from time to time ).

In order to support the midi in  function, it would need two irq's.

can we do 2 irq's yet?

are there other issues with going thru the pccard slot that would cause
noticable audio latencies?

i'm guessing the answer is no, because my network cards work fine, but then, i
dont listen to my network sockets. :-)

if there is any structural reasons why this shouldnt work, please let me know.

tnx!

johnu