Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:16:42 -0700
From:      "Rob Snow" <rsnow@my-deja.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hmm, I can't build a kernel now...

Hola,

cvsup'ed late last night to RELENG_4 and did a buildworld, which completed fine.  This morning, I tried to build my kernel (and GENERIC) and got bad mojo in locore.s:

{standard input}:1748: Error: .space specifies non-absolute value
(etc, etc)

So I decied to go single user and start from semi-scratch, thinking some things might have changed more drastically than I had envisioned.  Make world completed, but make buildkernel or doing it by hand results in the same errors.

I should add that this machine was last make world'ed 2-3 months ago, pre-4.1.

Sorry for sending this via deja, but my IMAP server seems to be down atm =)

Please reply to this address with suggestions, as I can't see my mail lists either.

-Rob