Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2019 14:19:33 +0000
From:      Matt Churchyard <matt.churchyard@userve.net>
To:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 12 log formats

Hello,

I asked this question on the freebsd-questions mailing list but didn't get =
any response.
I (and other users) have noticed that log messages have started appearing i=
n a different format in FreeBSD 12 (although in my case only on one system,=
 and some logs are still the original format...).
For me this caused issues with automated log parsers.

It appears this is related to work for rfc5424 support, but as far as I can=
 see from the commit messages, this shouldn't be enabled without updating t=
he flags for syslog?

Jan  2 12:04:13 ftp 1 2019-01-02T12:04:13.584377+00:00 ftp.full.hostname pk=
g 5522 - - php72-hash-7.2.13 installed

"For people interested in using this, this feature can be enabled by

adding the following line to /etc/rc.conf:

  syslogd_flags=3D"-s -O rfc5424"

"

Regards,
Matt Churchyard