Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:55:56 -0700
From:      "Bennett Hui" <bhui@mail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Highpoint Technologies RAID controller with FreeBSD

Hi.  On the main page of the Highpoint Technologies website
(www.highpoint-tech.com), they claim that the "FreeBSD Operating System
Includes Support for HPT370 Controllers... Versions 4.1 and Later," which is
their RAID + ultra ATA 100 controller chip included on several motherboards
(like the Abit 133BX-RAID).  However, I can't find any claim on the FreeBSD
website supporting this.  Does FreeBSD 4.1 support this HPT370 RAID +
UltraATA 100 controller?  If it does, does it support all or only part of
its capabilities (RAID support or UltraATA 100 support or both)?  Is this
installed automatically during FreeBSD installation (i.e. autodetected by
FreeBSD setup) or does something special have to be done.  And lastly, is
there anywhere online that I can look to find out more information about
this whole topic?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bennett Hui