Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:44:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Denis DeLaRoca <denis@acacia.cts.ucla.edu>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPOE report.

yes there is news..

The PPPOE node negotiated a session on the test setup and I'm just
cleaning up some stuff.

Brian is doing some work on the ppp code to support it and when I'm
finished doing this I'll send him some support code.

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Denis DeLaRoca wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Julian Elischer wrote:
>

> > I am now at the stage of testing, I have an offer of a test machine with
> > both ISDN, and DSL with PPPOE which I will be using to test.
> >
> > reports in a day or so hopefully.
>
> Any news yet?
>
> How do you envision that doing a FreeBSD net-install would work over a
> PPPoE aDSL connection? You'd have to have support PPPoE on the install
> floppy, no?

Unfortunatly yes, but that should be possible.
The ppp will negotiate an IP address so it should work.