Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:52:28 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ahc(4) reports PCI parity error interrupt

On Friday 02 November 2001 00:21, Wilko Bulte wrote:
[snip problem description]
> I ran the same systemdisk & all expansion cards in a PII-266
> with Intel chipset without any issue. The K7V is rock stable
> as long as I keep my fingers from fxtv.
>
> Suggestions on how to analyse/workaround this issue are most
> welcome. Anything in the BIOS setup maybe?

Sorry, no idea how to fix this, but I saw a very similar problem
under Linux while writing a driver for a data-acquisition board.
On a K7M (AMD chipset) I couldn't access the on-board memory
reliably, but using an INTEL chipset and CPU everything worked
just fine. Your report makes me think that there's a generic bug
in the Athlon and not a problem in the chipsets, which is what I
originally suspected.

--
Gary Jennejohn garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org