Date:      Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:24:49 +0200
From:      Jerome Fleury <jeje@jeje.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   alpm driver

Hello there,

I'm trying to monitor my motherboard and CPU temperature. I have an Asus
A7A266 motherboard (Aladdin chipset). Everything is compiled in the kernel:

device          smbus           # Bus support, required for smb below.
device          alpm
device          smb

and devices are detected upon boot:

Aug  6 11:44:31 balmung /kernel: alpm0: <AcerLabs M15x3 Power Management
Unit> at device 17.0 on pci0
Aug  6 11:44:31 balmung /kernel: alpm0: driver is using old-style
compatibility shims
Aug  6 11:44:31 balmung /kernel: smbus0: <System Management Bus> on alsmb0
Aug  6 11:44:31 balmung /kernel: smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0

Anyway, when I try to poll the smb devices to get values, using a software
like lmmon or healthd, I get

#lmmon
IOCTL: Device busy

or

#healthd -S -d
ioctl(SMB_READB): Device busy
InitMBInfo: Device busy

Is this a known issue for this hardware ? Is there a workaround for this,
or do you to activate something in my BIOS. Thanks for help!

--
Jerome Fleury