Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:06:45 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDMA33 Maxtor Diamondmax

Welp I just figured I'd let people be forewarned to watch Maxtor drives.
As soon as I said I had no problems, I woke up with a missing FAT and bad
media descriptors on both partitions.. All in all I probably lost 7 of 534
mp3s on one, and a total devestation on the first partition (probably in
excess of 700mb)..

I guess I'm not going to use the term "Well they haven't failed for me yet"
again.. I just bought this thing about a month ago.  I suddenly want the
3.5 back that doesn't have UDMA.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998