Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:18:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        des@ofug.org
Cc:        nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org, peter@wemm.org, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, mdodd@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The cbus driver for pc98

In message: <xzpbs1bclbz.fsf@flood.ping.uio.no>
            Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org> writes:
: Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org> writes:
: > I have had some questions like "Does PC98 have ISA bus?" or "Why PC98
: > uses ISA driver?".  To clear these questions and problems, I think
: > that adding separated cbus driver is better way.
:
: So you're duplicating a large amount of existing, working code just so
: you can avoid answering questions from confused users?  Or are there
: any actual technical advantages to having a separate cbus driver?

That's a little too harsh.

Warner