Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 22:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Yefrem Podolskyy <yefrem@atticus.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.6

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Yefrem Podolskyy wrote:

> Keep getting:
>
> [Target machine doesnot recognize us]
>
> When trying to "talk" to Linyx 2.0.0 or FreeBSD 2.2.2
> in the same time I've got a record in /etc/inetd.conf
>
> ntalk	dram	udp	wait	root	/usr/libexec/ntalkd	ntalkd
>
> What do I need to change?

I've found that talk is very, very touchy about the systems it connects
to. What type of machine is the Linux box?

First off I'd try chaning from ntalkd to talkd.  Secondly I'd try
installing and using ytalk on both machines.

NOTICE:  Make sure your mailer replies to dwhite@resnet or I won't get it!