Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 1998 12:02:47 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccd and ftd

On Sat, 14 February 1998 at 10:19:49 +0900, Michael Hancock wrote:
> I'm looking for a fault tolerant solution.  I know Greg is working on a
> ftd driver.
>
> In the meantime I noticed that ccd supports mirroring.  I'd like to mirror
> two arrays of 3 to 4 disk each.  How well does this work?

Do you mean more than one mirror?  I don't believe that works.
Certainly I can't see how it can from reading the code.

> What happens when a disk goes bad?

The worst possible scenario.  Your whole disk set goes down, and to
get it up again, you have to reconfigure the set without the defective
drive.  That's one of the problems that my driver addresses.

Greg