Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:20:24 -0700
From:      Dolgan <dolgan2k@home.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome compliance?

  OK, this problem got a whole lot weirder, but a whole lot brighter.

I noticed that Netscape kept crashing whenever I went to a site (It
still does - but there's always
Mozilla and right now, I want GNOME working. One problem at a time,
right?), so I installed
Netscape 3 for experiment's sake.

Suddenly, I restarted X, and sawfish was "gnome compliant" and Gnome was
zippy. That makes me
think that sawfish's compliancy is causing Gnome to be sluggish -
somehow.

Unfortunately, next time I restarted X it went back to crap.

Does anyone know what could be related to SAWFISH that could be causing
Gnome to not think it's
wm-compliant?