Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2007 05:59:58 -0600
From:      "J.D. Bronson" <jbronson@wixb.com>
To:        "James Seward" <jamesoff@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf and keep/modulate state on 6.2

At 02:52 AM 02/26/2007, you wrote:
>Wow, this fixed my FTP-over-DSL-to-6.2 problem too. With modulate
>state, I was getting ~30K/sec. With just keep state, I'm now getting
>more like what my connection is capable of. This is between two 6.2
>hosts on opposite sides of the Atlantic.
>
>Ted, I use pf because I like the format of the configuration file, I
>like the logging and pftop, and like how it's harder to lock yourself
>out of a remote machine by accident :)
>
>/JMS

I use pf since its newer (I think?) and I came from openbsd..pf just
works and the config file is nice and sweet.

I had thought that modulate state would put a load on my proc, but
sheesh, its a p4-3.06 - thats more than robust for a router.

I wonder if we should file a bug on this?

I am glad my post helped here. I still use modulate state for any
INCOMING connections though (www/smtp/etc).

-JD