Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 2010 16:12:10 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: x11/nvidia-driver: VDPAU headers in /usr/local/include/vdpau now

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 07:06:01PM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:34:45 +0000
> Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > Over the last several months, I've had received several questions on
> > maybe we could move VDPAU headers to /usr/local/include/vdpau (nVidia
> > reference driver and our port normally installed them under
> > ${DOCSDIR}).
>
> Umm, why were headers installed in DOCSDIR in the first place?

>From our discussion with nVidia folks:

  The only reason the headers are in the doc directory is because the
  OpenGL headers are also in the doc directory.  We simply handled the
  two sets of headers the same.  I don't know why the OpenGL headers
  aren't installed in a compiler-accessible location.  This issue was
  briefly mentioned when creating our FreeBSD VDPAU packaging, but
  there was no specific mention of the reasoning behind it.

Anyway, I hope things will straighten out soon enough.

./danfe