Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 18:33:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Gray <jwg2@adsl-63-201-55-220.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 Installation Problem

I have been running 2.2.6 with X windows and a fixed IP address.  No
problem.  About time to install 4.0 so I created the boot floppies, both
of them, and started the install.

Installation window, used the visual one.   Selected dangerously dedicated
disk [all I want is FreeBSD on the machine], setup the partitions, and
then decided to pick a standard configuration, average user with X server.

It then takes me to the select and X server.  I leave VGA and SVGA as
checked, hit enter and go into an endless loop, asks me to pick the X
servers.

If I exit it says configuration not complete and that I can fix it by
selecting NO on the next screen. Nope, next screen is select medium of
installation.

Cannot seem to find anything in the questions archive on this, or any
other 4.0 related issues [guess they are not yet up to date].

Clearly the hardware works as I can remove the kern.flp floppy and go back
to running 2.2.6

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
jeff