Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:37:55 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Adam Dace <awd@kiwi.pyro.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Supported Socket 7 Motherboard UDMA Chipsets ?

> And about -twice- the cost.  Unfortunately I'm financing this server
> out-of-pocket and as such I think $180 for 10GB of disk is a steal!

	Very true...

> Is anyone here successfully using an Asus P5A motherboard with a UDMA(NOT
> generic EIDE!) disk under FreeBSD?  Testimonials are welcome.  :)
>
> Thanks Rick for your input, I do appreciate it and hope your advice -is-
> correct.  The only reason I'm still asking is, well, if your theory was
> correcy my Promise UDMA controller wouldn've worked...and it didn't.

	I think that's a different problem all together. :) I could be
wrong (not the first time, ) but everything I'm running that is UDMA is
running without problems, using mostly the Soltek boards. I know
people who are running the Asus ones without problems either. Granted I've
not used a Promise controller for close to 7 years now either.. :)

						Rick