Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:13:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Missing keyboard symbols

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :	Errr... If this is a joke, you should have sent it to -chat. If
> :this is a serious question you should send them to
> :freebsd-questions@freebsd.org in the future.
> :
> :	If you are seriously asking about the "Any" key, think about it for a
> :second. The message doesn't say, "Push THE Any key ..." It says push any
> :key. If that's too complicated, just press the space bar.
> :
> :Good luck,
> :
> :Doug
>
>     The space bar?  The SPACE BAR?  Oh my god, I've been hitting the
>     wrong key for *YEARS*!!!

	Heh... You know, I started to type out something to the effect of,
"... space bar. FreeBSD has been mapping the Space Bar to the Any key
combination since about 1992 to get around the restrictions of modern PC
keyboards." But I thought there was an outside chance that this was a
serious question, and I didn't want to run the risk that the poor doofus
would repeat that statement in front of someone with a clue...

Doug
--
    "So, the cows were part of a dream that dreamed itself into
existence? Is that possible?" asked the student incredulously.