On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:21:15 +0800, hlyg wrote:
> my freebsd 13 is installed at flash disk of dell thin client
>=20
> it doesn't work well, i want to remove it
>=20
> "dd if=3D/dev/zero of=3D/dev/ada0 count=3D1000 ..." doesn't work, freebsd=
=20
> doesn't allow

This is intended, because you cannot write to a disk currently
in use by the OS.

> according to dell manual, i shall be able to enter bios by pressing F2=20
> before bsd booting so that i can set boot sequence=A0 to boot from usb=20
> disk, but i can't enter bios, pressing F2 doesn't work

Reboot the system with a FreeBSD live system from USB stick
and then use the dd command to remove the FreeBSD installation.

But instead of removing it, why not use the installer of the
new OS you want to install to your Dell thin client to first
remove the existing partition(s), then install the new OS?
That approach should be much easier.

> it's not easy for me to open case and dismount disk

That surely isn't needed.

--=20
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany