Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:17:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Good Times Virus (not Fwd: :)

I know, I know....  ;-)

I have to say, though, reading yet another "forward this message
to get $1000 from Bill Gates for testing my new email forward
tracking program", that I really miss the Good Times virus.  The
poor cheap imitations I've been receiving lately tend to be
boring, bland, and so obviously false.

However, in my ardour against the beast, I seem to have failed to
realize its genius and creativity, and never actually saved a
copy of it...

A quick check of the web revealed only a modernized copy
(http://www-students.biola.edu/~dougw/GoodTimes/goodtimes.html),
not the fresh pioneer-spirit warning I remember from the days of
yore.

Does anyone happen to have an older, sexier version hanging
around?  I think that the one cited really loses its magic as
soon as it mentions America Online, in the first paragraph, of
all places.  I want one from before the days of AOL, from before
the Internet was so large it needed to be mentioned almost every
paragraph, from the days when an n-th complexity infinite binary
loop actually melted your processor. :)

Gosh, I'm only 18, but I feel so old.  :-)  OTOH, I think jkh
mentioned once that he's been reading news since before I was
born.  That's scary.  :)

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names