Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:17:47 +0100
From:      Sascha Frey <sf@techfak.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to mount kerberized NFS share on Linux from FreeBSD 10.1 box

Hi list,

I'm trying to set up a NFS file server for our Linux clients using
FreeBSD 10.1.

Mounting the NFS filesystem exported from the FreeBSD box works well
if using sec=sys, but doesn't work with sec=krb5.

I get 'access denied' on the Linux client (tried both Debian Jessie and
Ubuntu 14.04):

root@penny:~# mount -t nfs -o vers=4,sec=krb5 leonard.fs.cit-ec.net:/export/homes/sfrey /mnt
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting leonard.fs.cit-ec.net:/export/homes/sfrey
root@penny:~# mount -t nfs -o vers=3,sec=krb5 leonard.fs.cit-ec.net:/export/homes/sfrey /mnt
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting leonard.fs.cit-ec.net:/export/homes/sfrey

Mounting kerberized NFS mounts from our other (Linux based) file servers
is possible without having any problems.

Connectivity to the KDC seems to be OK:
[root@leonard ~]# kinit -k nfs/leonard.fs.cit-ec.net@TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE
[root@leonard ~]# klist
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
        Principal: nfs/leonard.fs.cit-ec.net@TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE

  Issued                Expires               Principal
Feb  9 17:51:58 2015  Feb 10 03:51:59 2015  krbtgt/TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE@TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE

I found only one error message in /var/log/messages:
nfsd: can't register svc name

Any idea what may be wrong?

Cheers,
Sascha

The configuration files on the server:

/etc/exports:
V4: / -sec=sys:krb5:krb5i:krb5p
/export/homes/sfrey -sec=sys:krb5 penny.fs.cit-ec.net

/etc/rc.conf:
nfs_server_enable="YES"
nfsv4_server_enable="YES"
nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 6"
nfsuserd_enable="YES"
nfsuserd_flags="-domain TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE"
mountd_enable="YES"
mountd_flags="-r"
gssd_enable="YES"
gssd_flags="-v"

/etc/krb5.conf:
[libdefaults]
        default_keytab_name = /etc/krb5.keytab
        default_realm = TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE
        allow_weak_crypto = true

[realms]
        TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE = {
                default_domain = techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
        }

[domain_realm]
        .techfak.uni-bielefeld.de = TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE
        techfak.uni-bielefeld.de = TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.D

/etc/krb5.keytab:
[root@leonard ~]# ktutil list
/etc/krb5.keytab:

Vno  Type           Principal                                            Aliases
  2  des-cbc-crc    nfs/leonard.fs.cit-ec.net@TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE
  2  des3-cbc-sha1  nfs/leonard.fs.cit-ec.net@TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE
  2  des-cbc-crc    host/leonard.fs.cit-ec.net@TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE
  2  des3-cbc-sha1  host/leonard.fs.cit-ec.net@TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE