Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:49:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: umm- ISP adapter feedback...

Matthew Jacob writes:

 > One of you, I forgot whom, had the new XP1000 to play with- it had a new
 > rev 'C' ISP1040 in it- I updated the driver to treat it like a ISP1040B
 > and I'd like to know if it's been working okay.

That would be me.  If you mean rev 1.17 of isp.c, its been working so
well that I hadn't noticed that you'd changed anything ;-)

 > Secondly- I upped the queue limits again to 256- that used to give Doug's
 > system agita. Let me know if it breaks again. The limit's going higher
 > later- the 1080/1240 can take up to 1024 entries (I've done the 1080
 > support and the 1240 support is almost done and is in partial test at a
 > place in England). I've also committed to using the FAST POST feature
 > (commands that complete okay don't get a response updated in the response
 > queue- instead the command handle is posted to mailbox registers and an
 > async event interrupt is posted).

I'm not sure what rev you did this with, but on a Miata (DPW500au)
with:

Qlogic ISP Driver, FreeBSD CAM Version 0.99, Core Version 1.7
isp0: <Qlogic ISP 1020/1040 PCI SCSI Adapter> rev 0x05 int a irq 3 on pci1.4.0
isp0: using I/O space register mapping
isp0: Ultra Mode Capable
isp0: Board Revision 1040B, loaded F/W Revision 7.55
isp0: Last F/W revision was 5.54
isp0: invalid NVRAM header

I saw pages of these errors on console:
isp0: not RESPONSE in RESPONSE Queue (type 0x1) @ idx 34 (next 35)
isp0: rqs_flags=2isp0: internal queues full
isp0: unknown return 1
isp0: not RESPONSE in RESPONSE Queue (type 0x1) @ idx 35 (next 36)
isp0: not RESPONSE in RESPONSE Queue (type 0x1) @ idx 36 (next 37)
isp0: rqs_flags=2isp0: internal queues full
isp0: unknown return 1

I've just built a fresh kernel & put it on that machine & rebooted to
see if anything changed, but it hasn't been up terribly long...

Cheers,

Drew