Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2016 22:07:21 +0100
From:      "Walkenhorst, Benjamin" <walkenhorst@wellmann-engineering.eu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Check which services/processes need restart after update

Hello,

Only recently I was happy to discover that Debian has a tool called checkre=
start that checks which services need to be restarted after an update.=20
I thought that was very nice and now I am kind of wondering if there is som=
ething comparable for FreeBSD.

freebsd-update tells you which files it is going to touch, and if pkg upgra=
de replaces, say, apache, I kind of notice that too.

But it would be nice to check if some processes are still running the obsol=
ete/vulnerable version, maybe that long-running ssh-session or something.

The cherry on top would be, of course, a tool that does this in a way that =
can be automated, so I can e.g. send myself daily or weekly reports.

So, does something along those lines exist? If not, can anyone give me a hi=
nt on where to start working on it?

Thank you very much,
Benjamin=