Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:34:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      "mario" <mario@schmut.com>
To:        <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        franciskom@tin.it
Subject:   Re: - Installation -

> Francesco Pistolesi wrote:
>
>>Hi, I'm an italian user.
>>
>>Yesterday I've tried to install FreeBSD in an old and empty 486.
>>I've downloaded the floppies and I've made the images
>>kern.flp e mfsroot.flp .
>>
>>I've switched-on the pc with kern.flp floppy inside....
>>at a point the computer has asked to insert mfsroot.....
>>
>>After a few minutes I've seen on the screen:

>>Default: 0:fd(0,a)/boot/loader
>>boot:
>>
>>e poi

>>Default: 0:fd(0,a)/kernel
>>boot:
>>No kernel
>>
>>What I have to do to continue?
>>I've an HD and a floppy....no a CD-Rom reader....
then floppies is what you're gonna do
followed by a network installation.
In case you haven't seen this, more on this here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-pre.html
there's probably an italian version of this, too.

>>I've read that the relationship between BIOS and FreeBSD about the
>> units is different. I need to know how I can continue the installation
>> and what is the function of the image boot.flp of 2,8 Mb and finally,
that one is for those who have a 2.8Mb floppy drive (kinda rare)

>> what I need apart the floppies
>>kern
>>mfsroot
>>
>>Thanks a lot
>>

> No expert here, but I've received
> similar errors, and trashing that
> floppy in favor of another (new)
> one usually helped.  YMMV, of course...
yep same here, also, if you didn't do so the first time,
be sure to format the floppies before writing the images
this is VERY important. If using DOS, do not quick format
them.

> Kevin Kinsey
> DaleCo, S.P.

mario;>

- - - - - - - -   House Of Sites   - - - - - - - -
Web Design :: Programming :: Hosting :: Maintenance

Web site: http://www.HouseOfSites.net
Email: mario@HouseOfSites.net
Tel: 415-242-3376

Do you schmut!?