Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:21:29 +0200
From:      Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   audio-Device gone mute

My audio-Device just seems to have gone mute. (I was fiddling around
with "tosha -o - | pcmplay -" at the time.) Various attempts to produce
sounds with pcmplay, mpg123, and cat >/dev/audio now remain silent.
According to aumix, the mixer state is okay.

Conf: 4.0-CURRENT (May 29), ES1370 (Soundblaster PCI 64) with pcm(4).

mpg123 always reports "[0:00]", so apparently writes block somewhere.
Any idea what has happened, and, more importantly, how can I reset the
sound driver other than rebooting?

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de
    100+ SF Book Reviews: <URL:http://home.pages.de/~naddy/reviews/>;