Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:49:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://freebsd.org - RIP

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > > 	ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/
> >
> > The last will get a little-to-significantly easier when we stop
> > telling people to upload new ports there...
>
> Where should they upload them then? ;-)

They should put them in the pr so that 1) there is a permanent
record, 2) incoming doesn't get over-cluttered, 3) they're easy
to access and the committer doesn't have to worry about making
sure some silly 2k file in incoming/ is removed.

Most ports are pretty small.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names