Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@X2296>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   ports/2328

The following reply was made to PR ports/2328; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tim Vanderhoek <tim@X2296>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Cc:  Subject: ports/2328
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 22:24:40 -0500 (EST)

 I already sent this, but it didn't make it into the audit-trail of the
 pr, so I'm sending it again.  The freebsd-bugs list should already have
 seen it (although I can't check my mail to verify this).

 >fetch isn't able to fetch this file from its MASTER_SITE.  ncftp works
 >finely.  I would report this as a bug in fetch, but I am using an old
 >(and acknowledged buggy) snap and I fear the bug may have been since
 >fixed.  I leave it at the disgression of the committer to make the
 >port use FETCH_CMD = ncftp (and add ncftp to FETCH_DEPENDS) or just
 >depend on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/ for the
 >distfile.

 This is me just telling tales.  Fix the MASTER_SITES line in the
 port's Makefile by removing `plor.tgz' and it'll work fine.

 >   Environment
 >

 >An aged snap.  With the bash shell.  And 5-10cm snow predicated later.

 FWIW, the weatherman seems to have lied.  Can never trust them these days.
 It is cold, though.