Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:11:29 -0800
From:      Garrick <garrick@simplenet.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Weird errors from linux (compat) rpm]

Hello,

	I just wanted to follow up with some additional information. Both Doug and
I have been working together on this rpm install and it seems we have run
into a bit of a wall. We are trying to install a Legato Client rpm built
for Redhat Linux. when running /compat/linux/bin/rpm -vv -i
legato-client.rpm it produces the following errors.

D:  requires: cpio  unsatisfied.
D: package lgtoclnt-rh require not satisfied: cpio
error: failed dependencies:
	libncurses.so.3.0 is needed by lgtoclnt-rh-5.1.0-2
	cpio is needed by lgtoclnt-rh-5.1.0-2

This seems odd sense I am pointing $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location were
libncurses.so.3.0 (/compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/) is located. So
I move on to installing the rpm with --force which has no effect on the
outcome. Then I try --nodeps which produces this final error.

D:    file: /usr/sbin/savefs action: create
D:    file: /usr/sbin/savegrp action: create
D:    file: /usr/sbin/savepnpc action: create
D:    file: /usr/sbin/uasm action: create
D: running preinstall script (if any)
lgtoclnt-rh-5.1.0-2
unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic

Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks,
Garrick