Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 10:42:52 -0400
From:      Dean Anderson <dean@oec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FTP site

Is it too much to ask to have a normal ftp site, with the source distributions
organized by category, with the original source tar file and a patch file for BSD?

I found the source files in distributions, but I'm not sure if they contain the BSD
patches or not.  Not to mention the annoyance factor of having a single directory with
700 files.

FTP sites have followed a general format for 20 years. Please don't try to "improve"
things by breaking them.

This is totally useless as an ftp site.

It seems incongruous to promote FreeBSD and then have such a useless ftp site.

--
Dean Anderson            dean@aV8.com |                       dean@lpf.org
We make technology fly! See us for    | Stop Software Patents before they