Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 10:57:03 -0400
From:      "David Nixon" <david.nixon@mantech.com>
To:        ludwigp@bigfoot.com, mynet@uq.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP and celerons?

A better source for info on duel celerons is Thresh's FiringSquad (of =
Quake Death Match fame).  They did a review of duel celerons a while ago.  =
It gets down to the how and why and gives detailed instructions for =
soldering the needed jumpers to get SMP to work on the socket 370 to =
Slot-1 cards.  There are also links off the review to other duel celeron =
sources and recommendations for the best 370 to Slot 1 cards to buy if you =
plan on dueling up.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/dualceleron/default.asp

David A. Nixon
Network Security Engineer
ManTech International Corp.          www.ManTech.com
Phone:                                            1.703.218.8229
Fax:                                                 1.703.218.8391
E-mail:                                             David.Nixon@ManTech.Com=

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.  Any resemblance between the above and my own views is
non-deterministic.  The question of the existence of views in the
absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader.
The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for
the second god coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal,
non-integral polytheism is beyond the scope of this article.)

>>> Andrew <mynet@uq.net.au> 06/19 7:21 AM >>>
They dont support it officialy. This is because intel would
like you to use their more expensive CPU's for dual configuartions.

With a simple hardware hack you can run dual celerons.
There are even adapter boards that now have a jumper so you
dont need to do any soldering.

http://www.cpu-central.com/ms-6905.html=20

A few manufacturers have
announced motherboards with dual socket370's so you simply
plug 2 celerons in.

http://www.abit.com.tw/english/press/1999/epress30.htm=20

Andrew