Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 2004 06:38:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reducing GNOME's dependency on older versions of libtool

I've been upgrading some of my GNOME ports over the last few days, and
have found that, in most cases, changing USE_LIBTOOL_VER=13 to
USE_LIBTOOL_VER=15 does no harm whatsoever.

I'm thinking perhaps an audit of the GNOME ports to determine which
ones are still depending on older versions of libtool may be a good
idea.  There *may* still be a few cases where bumping the requested
version to 15 does cause problems, but for the majority where it
doesn't, it would be nice to remove this dependency on the older
libtool.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"