Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:25:34 -0500
From:      Jason <jason@tinisi.com>
To:        "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, nork@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: DarwinStreamingServer-6.0.3

Carlos,
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded just the Streaming Server port
from the FreeBSD web site, I haven't upgraded my entire ports tree. But,
if I understand this particular problem, the only factors are the actual
patch file and the file being patched, so as long as those are in sync,
it should work. Is the port posted on the FreeBSD web the latest? The
web access to cvs shows the port I am using at revision 1.35. Has
something else fundamental changed like make itself or the patch utility
since 6.0 was released?
    As far as why I am still on 6.0, please chalk it up to admin
laziness. I know it is time to upgrade, but I usually like to skip a
version or two and then do the work of rebuilding my production server
from scratch. Just need to find that free weekend to rebuild and install
all the apps I depend on. Thanks a lot for the response, if I thought
that my outdated version of FreeBSd was causing this problem, I would
not have bugged you about this. I am only hoping that once this compiles
it will work for me, as the older version of DSS that I have installed
at the moment has pretty much stopped working.

Jason