Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:48:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 802.11b/802.11g access points

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> I'm looking for a couple of access points for my house.  Since it's a
> new installation, they should be able to do both 802.11b and 802.11g,
> and they should be able to do transparent bridging.  I don't know if
> the latter requirement limits things.  It would also be nice to be
> able to configure them without Microsoft.
>
> Any recommendations?

I'm using a Netgear WG602 (or is it WAG602? can't remember the exact
model...).  I'm using it only in g mode, but it should do b just fine.
Configuration can be done via web browser.  The only thing I miss on it is
that I can't disable SSID broadcast, but apart from that it's running
fine.

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073