Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:10:26 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CCD & booting on /

On Tue,  3 March 1998 at 10:03:27 +0100, Philippe Regnauld wrote:
> Stop me when I'm falling over the edge :-)
>
> I'm interested in getting a machine with having every partition
> as a CCD mirror -- including /.

My new ccd replacement, vinum, will be able to do that.  Later.  You
need to have two a partitions on two different drives.  At boot time,
you boot from one of them as a standalone partition.  When the first
phase of file system checks have past, you remount them as a vinum
volume.

To do this, you need to place the partitions in a position which
matches the vinum configuration.  It shouldn't be too difficult.

Greg