Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 08:51:17 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        jamesmw@eskimo.com (James Wraalstad)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Keyboard locks at login prompt

> Greetings,
>
> I have installed the October snapshot of Freebsd via a dos partition
> which went very smoothly with the binaries using the defaults
> in the installation menus.
> When I reboot the machine, it boots up to the login prompt and then the
> keyboard freezes. Up to this point the keyboard is responsive.  The
> screen saver works very nicely, so I assume that the OS is running.

Did you test it without the screensaver enabled?
Can you ALT-F2 switch to the second (e.g.) console?
I've seen the keyboard freezing one time with a 2.x kernel
on my ASUS SP3G board. But it didn't happen again yet.
At that time I had vidcontrol yellow blue in my /etc/rc.local
Don't know if its important though.